CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

She made me do it!

I didn't want to forget this one.


I invited the girls friends over to play last night.  When we were getting all loaded in the car to take them home, Skye thought it was funny to keep honking the horn.  After several honks I told her, "Do not do that again."
We then drove over to their house.  I walked the girls to the door while Skye and Charli waited in the car.  As I am saying our good-byes Skye honks the horn again.  I get to the car and the conversation went as follows:

Me:  "Skye, didn't I tell you not to touch the horn."
Skye: "Charli made me do it!"  (nearly in drama tears)

My mind is processing how a 3 year old makes a 5 year old do something. 

Me: "Skye, no one can make you do anything, you have choices."
Skye: "No, really mom, she made me."
Me:  "How did she make you?"
Skye: "She said she would give me all the shrimp and octopus to eat."
Me:  "You believe that Charli can get you shrimp and octopus?"
Skye: "Well, she said I had too"
Me: "Charli, is that true?"

Charli gives me a devilish snicker and a huge old grin.  This is a great example of the trouble this little girl creates.  Yes, Skye loves octopus and enjoys shrimp, a girl after her daddies own heart, they even enjoy an occasional bowl of menudo (intestine soup) together.

2 comments:

katik said...

Ewwwww! Funny.

Rie Rie said...

That is FUNNY!!! Gavin likes shrimp and octopus too! We should go to Asian Buffet in Layton. That is the only place we have found that serve shrimp and octopus! Darin and Gavin LOVE it!