CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Year Resolutions!


I have yet to even upload pictures from Christmas day, and record the memories which came along with it, the whole purpose of my blogging.  Yet, more often then not I wish to blog about other things.


I don't know if many of you have seen this manuel or not, but it is fabulous in my eyes.  It is the new nursery manuel the church put out and it is amazing.  I secretly wanted to go back into teaching in the nursery, just so I could use it with the kids.  Anyhow, it is so simple to use, it has everything you need, right where you need it, including lesson pictures, art projects, and songs.  

I bought one for our family and wrapped it up, along with some other church related gifts.  On the night of Christmas day, after all the unwrapping and toy playing, I got my girls together and talked with them once again, about what Christmas is really about.  I told them that Jesus had a gift for each of them, and I let them unwrap their gifts.  It was nice after all the chaos of the day, to bring the focus where it should be. 

I often feel like I fall far behind on the numerous things that I would like to be accomplishing.  Well, this New Years I made a resolution, not to pressure myself, not to add to the list of "I didn't do's".  I made one resolution, and that was to have a family home evening lesson every week with my girls.  I decided to use the new manuel "Behold your Little Ones", as our outline.  It has made it so simple and flawless.  I just add to it to make it more age appropriate. 

In just the past few weeks, this one change has allowed for so many other things to fall into place.  This is just another testimony of where our priorities need be.

2 comments:

Rie Rie said...

I love it too! I just recently got put in nursery for the 3rd time. Hopefully not for 2 years this time. But the book is awesome! I cannot wait to use it!

katik said...

You are an inspiration to me! And you're right, it is an amazing manual.